Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Miracle

God is so faithful. Thank you for all of your prayers and for all of you who sent me messages of encouragement. It means so much to have friends and family that have my back wherever I am and whatever I'm doing.

Today God completely blessed my morning at the Escuela Especial. I was working with one little girl who is not so coincidentally named Milagro which means Miracle in English. She has broken my heart since day one and I've wanted to help her any way I can, but I feel so inadequate. The teacher in her classroom says I can't move her because she's afraid that I'll break her bones she's so frail. So my goal has been just to make her smile by giving her some attention. Today, however, was a new day for Milagro. Her mom came to visit and despite my prejudice against her, she was an amazing mom who was fighting for her daughter's quality of life. She was excited to meet me and wants me to come to the PT clinic tomorrow to see how they move her there so I can implement the same thing at the school. I am even going to visit her home tomorrow.

God has also encouraged me today through His word. One verse particular is Psalm 138:8 which says "The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever -- do not abandon the works of your hands." Great reminder of how God is in control of everything here. Everyone that knows me understands just how much of a control freak I am so this is very stretching for me. I'm beginning to realize that I cannot accomplish all that I set out to do here in my own strength. Little by little I am releasing my grip, remaining faithful in working hard, and trusting that God is working all things out for his purposes. God is so good and I cannot give him enough praise and glory.



2 comments:

  1. Lorrie, I am amazed at the opportunities you've gotten to have! I am praying for God to keep you focused on the mission! Spreading his gospel is so essential! And it makes my heart so happy to know you get to help children there! May God continue to bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so awesome that you've also been able to connect with her family! That makes a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete